COVID-19 UPDATES: Visit the Public Safety and Emergency Management Office for real-time updates and Precautions taken by the University. A detailed guide on pandemic preparedness for researchers is available through the office of Environmental Health and Safety.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for OSP VIRTUAL TRAININGS: The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is offering the following Faculty and Staff Development Program (FSDP) virtual workshops this Spring. Learn more about FSDP and course descriptions, and register here.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING WORKSHOPS: Click here to check into several workshops on high-performance computing, offered by the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center. These workshops are sponsored by XSEDE, the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment, a virtual system that scientists can use to interactively share computing resources, data and expertise.
FUNDING: Are you using Pivot to research funding opportunities? To keep pace with growing and evolving research fields, Pivot uses keywords carefully matched to each funding opportunity. This site is updated regularly, so check back often.
RESOURCES: Have an academic visitor arriving? The University of Pittsburgh welcomes academic visitors to our campuses for educational collaboration, observation, personal study, and research activities. If you have a visitor coming, check this site for guidance and procedures.
- LifeX Now to Offer Wet-lab Space for Its Partner Companies.
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has named three Pitt faculty as 2020 Sloan Research Fellows. This fellowship "is a true mark of distinction for an early career scientist..." says Senior Vice Chancellor for Research, Rob A. Rutenbar. Congratulations to the awardees.
- The International Space Station National Lab has teamed up with Pitt's McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine to push the limits of biomedical research and development aboard the orbiting laboratory (Office of Economic Partnerships)
- National Science Foundation Funds Bridges-2 Supercomputer at Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center for massive computational capacity and the flexibility to adapt to the rapidly evolving field of data- and computation-intensive research.
- Impacting Human Life Now (Center for Research Computing)
- Pitt research working to reduce carbon-based fuel consumption by reusing bus exhaust (Center for Research Computing)
- Out of the Lab to the Great Outdoors through Biological Sciences (Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences)
- Bioengineering undergraduates take their diagnostic innovation to the Rice 360° Global Health Competition (Swanson School of Engineering)
- Human Engineering Laboratories Student Spins Out Company to Produce Pneumatic Wheelchairs and Scooters (Innovation Institute)
- Performance Innovation Tournament top prize: What can help swimmers improve their strokes? (Innovation Institute)